The Historic Octoginta Time Trial Returns!
The Octoginta 10k Time Trial started in the late 1970s as the prequel to the Lawrence Bicycle Club’s annual 80 mile community bike ride. The weekend event traditionally marked the end of road season. The accessibility of any TT to a new cyclist coupled with the Lawrence Bicycle Club’s strong community ties for its annual event has made this time trial in particular a common entry event for new racers in the area. The event’s end-of season timing has also made the Octoginta TT a popular “proving ground” for many racers over the years as they gauge their progress (and prowess) in power, strength and speed during the season.
After a one year “intermission”, Women’s Free State Racing is thrilled to bring back this iconic event. Join us Saturday, September 30th on an old/new course – old K10 (directions and map below)! Riders will launch in the order shown on the rice flyer, with our first Men’s Category 1 or 2 racer launching at 8:30am and continuing in 1 minute intervals. The synergy of seasoned vet racers and first timers on the same course makes this event dynamic and exciting. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to join in the fun and maybe make some history. (or at least set the standard for the strava KOM/QOM)
Be sure to RSVP on Facebook, and throw down the gauntlet on your friends!
- Pre-registration is available at: https://www.usacycling.org/register/2017-2784 and is open until Thurs. Sept. 28th 11:00pm (CDT). Fees may apply for pre-registration
- Onsite Registration: 7:00am – 8:00am. Race day registration will be an additional $5.00
- USAC license required for all riders.
- One-day licenses are available for $10.
- Riders under 18 must have USAC Standard Release signed by parent or guardian.
- Entry fee includes $3.75 for USAC insurance and $2.00 KCA Fee.
- Second Race on the same day: $10
RACE RULES & INFORMATION:
- Held under USAC Event Permit #2017-2784.
- All USAC rules apply.
- Race held rain or shine.
- CPSC approved helmets required any time participants are on a bicycle.
- Merckx Rules: The following is NOT allowed: bar extensions, disc wheels, deep dish wheels, aero helmets, spoke covers or skinsuits.
- Start Order: Based on the Category Table. Men Cat. 1/2 go off at 8:30. Riders will start at one minute intervals.
Questions: contact Julie Higgins (816) 872-2094 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intersection of E1750 Rd. & N. 1400 R., (or E23rd & Noria Rd., Lawrence, KS)
- From K-10 – Exit E. 1900rd go North. Then turn West on Old K-10 (442 or 1400rd)
- Parking will be at the “T” at 1400 Rd and E. 1750 in KDOT area. They have requested that you not venture back near their materials storage.
- See map of general location below
- There is currently some construction on N 1500 Rd & the corner of N 1550 and E 1625 roads which will prevent you from getting to the course via those (most common) routes. If coming from Lawrence, your best bet is to head east on 31st street, which becomes N1300 Rd. Then turn left (north) on E 1750 road. If coming from east of Lwarence, route through Eudora and come in on old K-10. This will take you in on the course, so please make sure you arrive PRIOR to 8:30am.
Thanks to the 17 racers who pre-registered! We are expecting this number to double with on-site registration, so have opted not to even attempt to post preliminary start times. Onsite Registration closes at 8am! Be sure to click on the directions tab to view information about road closures etc.